Wednesday, November 9, 2011

You broke the car!



My sister and her family rented a cottage at the beach for a couple of weeks.  One morning, she decided to go to the store for an early donut run but found the car would not start.  She immediately informed her husband, not a mechanic by trade, of the difficulty.  He poked,  prodded and tried incessantly to start the car but to no avail.
"You broke the car!" He accused as he glowered at her from the driver's seat.  "I drove it last night and it was fine.  What did you do?"

Now, my sister is not exactly what I would call a car person.  She is a self-proclaimed fashionista, gets her nails done regularly and tries her utmost not to pump her own gas.  She studied her fuming husband for a moment, crossed her arms and leaned on the open car window.

"Well, now that you ask."  She said, her eyes narrowing.  "I pulled out the spark plugs, disconnected the battery cables and, oh yes…poured sugar down the tank."

He gaped at her in astonishment.

"What the hell do you think I did, you idiot?  I tried to start the damned thing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment